Tuesday 9 December 2008

La Marché de Noël - Christmas Market

Last weekend Doué-la-Fontaine held its Marché de Noël in aux Arènes, the towns ancient arena. Artisans stands lined the festively decorated caves.










Musicians played festive melodies while roasting chestnuts, mulled wine and other foodie goodies filled the air.

There were plenty of stands to keep both adults and children amused and no shortage of christmas pressie ideas and local delicacies to indulge in. Gérald & I tucked into les escargots et les bulots....yum yum !

As for meeting Père Noël, at the time of our visit he was tending to his raindeer but we did meet a few of his little helpers.

1 comment:

Mr. Vince said...

When my wife told me she wanted to spend the weekends on a wine tasting tour, I was not very happy. Thought it was so boring. But when we arrived in Adelaide, I got excited since the view was amazing! The place was romantic, the food was great and the wine tingled my palate. We toured the wine region riding on a luxury mini-coach and visited 5 wineries. A perfect weekend for me and my lovely wife.