Tuesday 8 February 2011

Spring.. Summer.. it's on its way.. yipeee!

One morning I am driving Augustin to school in -5°C and within a couple of days collecting him in 13°C.

"Do we have a log fire or don't we"? "Humm.. when does spring officially arrive"?

Winter seems to have felt unusually long this year so it was a joy over the weekend to see the tractors turning the fields, the spring flowers making an appearance and local vignerons busying themselves in the vines.

Nothing quite like blue skies and glorious sunshine to return life to the land, I love this time of the year, and with temperatures predicted to reach 15°C by Friday, long may it continue, we'll be rummaging to find my summer clothes before long!

Photograph : 'en route to Pouançay'.

1 comment:

TheHotstepper said...

Spring is in the air, in the whisper of the trees,
Spring is in the air in the thunder of the sea,
And I don't know if I'm just dreaming,
I don't know if I feel safe,
But it's something that I must believe in
And it's there when I call out your name.
Spring is in the air, Spring is in the air, oh, oh, oh, oh, uh,
Uh, uh, uh.

;-)

-S